For Young Persons

If you are a teenager and are pregnant or you are a young father and you need help because Social Services are involved, then we can help you. We can support you in attending meetings and speaking on your behalf and will liaise with social services about the assessment process and plans for your baby. We will make sure you know your rights as a young person and as a parent, to aim to achieve the best possible outcome for you.

We can also help you if you are experiencing problems with your baby’s mother / father or relatives.

Some useful numbers/contacts.
Childline – call free on 0800 1111 or
NSPCC – 0808 800 500 or

If you have a brother or a sister that live with other people or are in care then we can advise you of how you can see them. Whether that is making contact with their carer on your behalf or if necessary, assisting you in making an application to the Court.

It might be that you want to see another relative. You may not have seen the person for a while and you may be missing them. We know how important it is to maintain family links and relationship bonds and we can provide you with advice on the options available to you as a young person.​

If you are a young person and believe you are suffering abuse (whether that be physical, sexual or emotional) by a person who is looking after you or is in contact with you, then it is important that you get support and advice to stop this continuing.

We can advise you of the steps you can take to protect yourself or can support you in seeking help by making referrals to organisations that we believe can help you during this difficult time. 

Some useful numbers / contacts

Childline – call free on 0800 1111 or
NSPCC – 0808 800 500 or

If you think that you may be subject to this or could be then we can help. If you feel that social services are not listening to you then we can attend meetings with you to ensure your voice is heard. We can advise you about your rights to be heard if you are not happy with the plan that the social services have with you.

Adoption from Care

In some circumstances, particularly where the family have been involved in social services or care proceedings, children are not able to carry on living with their natural parents. The alternative can be adoption, when the natural parents will lose their parental responsibility for the child, and the full rights and duties of a parent are acquired by the adoptive family. These cases involve difficult and sensitive issues which we will guide you through.

Step Parent Adoption

Step parents may feel that it is in their step child’s best interests to be adopted, so that they are fully integrated into their new family. Step parent adoption may be the best solution for a child, but there are also other options which we can advise on, which give the step parent legal status and recognition of their involvement with their step child, but enable the child’s relationship with the non-resident birth parent to continue.


Avery Naylor
35 Walter Road,
01792 463276

20a Bridge Street,
SA31 3JS
Tel:01267 610154

3 Cross Street,
CF31 1EX
Tel:01656 332045